Check us out on social media!

4 Tips to Snacking & Staying Fit


I am a snacker. I have no shame in that! But I don't always snack "healthy". One day, I'll have some carrots and then the next day, I will be buy that small bag of Cheetos. Yes, I eat Cheetos.

It isn't easy to keep a balance when it comes to snacking, so I always follow these 5 tips when I snack but still try to stay in shape:

Balance
We all know that balance is important when it comes to food and health. If one day you're just craving chocolate and have to have it, go ahead and eat it. Just the other day I had a Butterfingers bar. But I also made sure I ate healthy meals with tons of protein and veggies. I also worked my butt off, but I always balance those yummy treats with an extra healthy meal or work out.

Substitute
If you're craving something sweet or crunchy but don't want all the calories that go along with it, you can always substitute them for healthier alternatives like fruit, nuts, or veggies. There are also some health snacks on the market that is filled with things like fruit, chia seeds, and even cheese!

Let it fuel your workout.

When you lead a busy life, finding time to work out can be difficult. It's even more difficult if you don't have time to eat healthy all the time. One awesome tip I follow is if I plan on working out that day, I make sure it will fuel my workout. Snacks that contain protein and some carbs like a nutrition bar or even a egg sandwich on grain bread (depending on when my workout starts) gets rid of the need to snack and helps out at the gym.

Resist temptation. (Or at least give in sparingly.)
This is scarily accurate!
I'll be honest. I have some trouble when it comes to tempting foods. One day, me and a friend shared a banana pudding parfait as we went to a local board gaming place and I didn't even think twice about it. Who can resist banana pudding? It's hard to resist that deliciousness! One way I have found that works, for me at least, is deciding I can either have it now and work it off later, or wait to have it after a long run or grueling workout. Most of the time, I forget about it after my runs so it kind of works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments abusive in nature will be removed without notice.